One of the best places to relax is in the Exumas. The key to having the perfect getaway is to rest and reset, removing yourself from the day-to-day stresses of life. From essential oils and massages in Exuma, to disconnecting from technology, there are many ways to get away from it all. As you prepare for an upcoming trip, use this guide to find perfect additions to your itinerary for your Bahamas getaway.
People all across the globe use essential oils for rest and relaxation, perfect for a trip to the Exumas. Essential oils come from plants and become a concentrated form that provides various feelings based on the type of oil. Various plants create different feelings, based on the type of plant. They can be absorbed through the skin or inhaled. When traveling to the Bahamas, essential oils can aid in relaxation. Some of the most common essential oils include:
- Cinnamon leaf: Known as an anti-inflammatory, cinnamon leave is great for reducing pain and giving energy—perfect to help you prepare for excursions on a trip
- Clary sage: Used to help improve one’s move, clary sage helps with stress and anxiety, as well as to help with happiness
- Lavender: A go-to for sleep and relaxation, lavender provides a relaxing feeling. It helps headaches and eases tension in the body.
- Rose: A great oil for stress and anxiousness, Rose also has been known to help people sleep.
- Sandalwood: Ideal for those with anxiety, sandalwood aids in improving focus and easing anxiousness.
Massages in Exuma
When planning a trip to the Exumas, make sure to add one (or several!) beachside massages to rest and relaxation. They are the perfect way to kick off a trip, unwind after excursions or to help you enjoy your last day. Massages on the beach allow you to heighten your sense and take everything in. From breathing in the crisp air, to listening to the waves crash onto the shore, the environment will help you truly disconnect and unwind. Some of the most popular types of massages include:
Deep tissue: Releases knots in muscles to reduce tightness and pain
Shiatsu: Increases energy and reduces anxiety
Swedish: Increases blood flow and reduces inflammation
Looking for more? Explore massage therapy styles and health benefits.
Other Ways to Relax
A few other key tips for optimal relaxation on your trip include:
- Do not check work email or greatly reduce if you have a job that requires you to do so – inform colleagues and others you are working with in advance
- Limit screen time
- Take photos but do not forget to be present
- Create a reasonable itinerary
- Enjoy food but avoid foods that cause discomfort
Did you know that you can de-stress with yoga and massages by Nitza
on your Exuma vacation? Have the perfect relaxing vacation by booking a massage at Bonefish Drex
. Our beachside massages by Nitza are the perfect way to indulge yourself, helping you to disconnect while on vacation. Book yours today by calling 242-357-0243.