Return To Blog
Tips for Your Summer 2018 Exuma Bonefishing Trip
June 6, 2018
Are you getting ready to plan your ideal Exuma bonefishing trip? Summer is a great time to go. It is the perfect get-a-way that will result in several successful catches. Between the gorgeous crystal clear blue waters and white sand, to fantastic sunny days, the Exumas is your place for bonefishing. Work to plan your perfect trip by utilizing budgeting tips for travel, learn the benefits of choosing the Exumas, and tips for a successful bonefishing trip.
Travel Budgeting Tips
There are several ways you can save as you plan your trip to the Exumas. Some of these include:
- Flights: If you are flexible on the day of your trip, this can lead to the most in savings. Whether you shop on an airlines website or use another source, you can review the rates and choose the least expensive option for your trip. If you have an ideal area, explore the two cheapest days of the week to fly.
- Cook yourself: When people travel, it is common to dine out for every meal. Look into staying in amenities with a kitchen and shop at the grocery. You will love the fresh foods the area has to offer.
- Plan, plan, plan: Stick to a budget by planning out your trip. Set budgets for dining and activities, prioritizing by what you would like to do the most. You can work with a local bonefishing expert company to help you with the guidance and supplies for a successful trip.
Benefits to the Exumas for Bonefishing
People flock to the Exumas each year for the beautiful conditions. There are so many places in this area with clear, shallow waters—making it easier for catches. You also have the luxury of more than 365 cays to explore, making each day a new adventure. The area is also home to many bonefishing experts that will help you explore some of the “off the beaten path” places for ideal catches.
When bonefishing, there are a few things to keep in mind to have a successful trip.
Make the most of your trip and contact Bonefish Drex Located in the Great Exuma, the largest in the area, we have access to all the flats—enabling you to explore channels outside of the common places. We know the places and what gear is needed to help your trip be successful! Schedule your trip today at 242-357-0243.
- Utilize an expert: Work with a local bonefishing expert for a productive trip. They know the conditions and areas.
- Wear the right gear: Make sure you are protected from the sun by wearing SPF and a hat. In addition, be sure to wear polarized sunglasses. Not only will they protect your eyes from the sun, but also help you see the fish better. If you will be wading in water, make sure you have the appropriate pants and footwear.
- Stay safe: If you work with a local expert, you can ensure you have a safe trip. Be sure to review the top bonefishing and boat safety tips to safely enjoy your day.