2020 has been a truly overwhelming and chaotic year thus far - with travel restrictions beginning to lift, have you considered booking a trip? Reward yourself, and your family, with a warm tropical getaway to the Bahamas. The landscape, the activities, the culture...what could be better? We have compiled some of the best spots for you to visit on your next spot to the beautiful islands. As always, please stop by to see us at Bonefish Drex for a family-friendly fishing adventure, but in the meantime...here are our favorite spots!
First let’s talk about what you can do in the Bahamas
. There are a number of activities that you can do, and there truly is something for everyone!
- Bonefishing: Bonefishing is fly fishing, but for bonefish. Bonefishing is a popular sport in the Bahamas, but most Bonefish are released upon capture.
- Sightseeing: From swimming with the pigs at Big Beach and exploring the Exuma Cays Land and Sea Park, to enjoying Cocoplum Beach, finding fossils and seeing the Angelfish Blue Hole, add any or all of these stops to your itinerary this year
- Kayaking: With your down time, we highly recommend that you consider going on a kayaking adventure. Kayaking is great when it comes to relieving stress and is a low-impact, low-cost way to experience the beautiful waters of the Bahamas.
Activities aren’t the only there is to do in The Bahamas - they have some of the best restaurants in the Caribbean and you will certainly be missing out if you don’t stop at least some of these. There truly is something for everyone!
- Max’s Conch Bar and Grill: This local roadside restaurant is casual, quirky, and well-known among Bahamian locals. The gazebo-like structure is covered in local flair including license plates, figurines, and local trinkets.
- Cricket Club Restaurant and Pub: The Cricket Club is perfect for those wanting to stay within budget, but also experience a more relaxed and casual environment. The Cricket Club Restaurant and Pub is laid back, and offers some delicious brunch and local Bahamian cuisine.
- Cafe Matisse: This one is the perfect restaurant if you are looking for a splurge while in the Bahamas, especially if you love Italian food.
- Xuma’s Restaurant and Bar: To get to Xuma’s Restaurant and Bar, you’ll have to charter a sailboat and sail to Highbourne Cay, but the trip is well worth it! The fresh seafood, and expert plating keeps locals and tourists coming back for more.
Ready to book a trip?! We’ve given you the five best reasons we can offer - short of getting a doctor’s note of course! Before booking at a typical resort, give Bonefish Drex a call. We can help you explore charter rental options - a great way to take your vacation to the next level. To learn more about our services, give us a call at 242-356-0243. We look forward to seeing you in the upcoming months - the weather is gorgeous!